Thursday, May 23, 2013

Flats & Hand Washing Challenge–Days 3 and 4

There was no post yesterday because yesterday sucked.

Tuesday, not long after my blog post, I did experience my first poopy of the challenge. Oh. My. Gosh. I dunk poopy diapers to get the poop off, and dunking a receiving blanket, yeah wasn’t happening. I ended up throwing the whole blanket in the toilet and using the plunger to swish it about and agitate it.

Yesterday was a fail. Don’t worry, I kept up with the challenge. But I didn’t wash diapers all day, so when it hit five I was scrambling to get them all washed so that they could go out in the sun to dry for a little while. For some reason though rinsing yesterday took FOR.EVER. I didn’t use more soap than usual so I have no idea why rinsing was such a pain. I figure it was just meant to go along with the crap mood.

Today has been, well, laid back. It’s all going good so far, and I’d have to say that by this point I’m really getting the hang of using the t-shirt diapers and receiving blankets.

Today’s blog prompt:
How’s the handwashing?

Really, I don’t like the handwashing. I mean it’s not bad or anything, it’s just tedious. I’m having to use my kitchen sink, and that means that once I finally get the diapers clean and rinsed that I’m then going and sanitizing my sink. I think I must be doing it the long way or something because it takes me a good 10ish minutes at least for each diaper. I think if I do this next year I’m definitely going the bucket and plunger route. And I really DON’T like line drying. I hate the feeling of it, but then I knew that before the challenge started.

day three b - life as their mom
day three - life as their mom

Oh on Day Two Bella and I decided to dye our fitteds since they weren’t getting any use. All of their colors were getting sad and faded, now they’re bright and happy again.

For more information on the challenge see this link:
http://dirtydiaperlaundry.com/3rd-annual-flats-and-handwashing-challenge/

And as always…
Like this post? Well, make sure that you go and
vote for us on Top Mommy Blogs!

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading through your blog. I Love how you've captured what your life as a mom really is! Most people only blog about the good things in their life (I'm guilty of this)! But you really put out there what your life is all about. I'm remodeling the look and feel of my blog.. and I'm getting a lot of great ideas from you! Thanks.. your an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete