This is actually my grandmother’s recipe – before you go and start thinking I came up with it.
This is a simple, yet very yummy and not bland, recipe for making chicken and gravy in the crockpot and it takes literally 5 minutes to prepare.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can chicken gravy
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine everything except chicken in a small bowl (or in a 4 cup measuring cup if you’re like me).
- Pour half of mixture in crockpot.
- Add chicken.
- Pour other half on top of crockpot.
- Cook until chicken is done (low 6 hours, high 3 hours)
See. So simple, and so much more flavorful than the usual chicken and gravy that uses canned stuff for the gravy. And it is so easy. I didn’t even completely thaw out my chicken for it. I just grabbed my whole bag of chicken out of the freezer and threw it in the fridge over night, so everything was still half frozen.
Yesterday we got in a new package of diapers from a good longtime friend from JustMommies. We now have a very modest and respectable little diaper stash going.