Saturday, May 25, 2013

Flats & Hand Washing Challenge–Day 6

Did you know, I have had Live Writer open, and blank for like 3ish hours now. I never thought I’d say this, but I’m getting kind of tired about blogging about diapers. It’s all “Oh! This and this and this has happened! But wait, no, diapers. Mother freaking hole diapers.”

*big breath and straighten spine*
Today and tomorrow, then we’re done!

day six - life as their mom

 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not hating on my cloth diapers. I’m just so, so, so tired of blogging about them. And I have deep issues with blogging twice in a day. Or combining two completely different things, especially when one is like this post and not just a random daily type post.

Today’s Blog Prompt: Open Topic
I’ve decided to write about my mom. I mentioned on the first day how she used flats with all of us (I remember – vividly – having to help change the younger siblings, and sticking my little brother with a pin) and with my older brother and I she had to handwash – we didn’t own a washer or dryer.

I have some mad, serious respect for her now. Just a week of this has me wishing ill on all diapers, I can’t imagine having to do it for, what, 3-4 years. Even with washing in a machine – she did that for about 7 years total. Insane. As I was getting so angry at the diapers that I was washing today I was cussing at them and saying “Thank freaking gosh that I only have a day and a half of this **** – literally – left.” Each day that passes I’m pretty sure I despise handwashing a little more. I mean I guess when you have no washing machine, you have no money for disposables, or to go to the laundry mat, well, then you do what you gotta do. But dangitall. I have a washer. And I miss it. So, yes, major, major respect for my mom. I think may need to hug her, because I’m pretty sure my kids would go about with naked butts 24/7 if it had been me.

day six b - life as their mom
(Mason rocking one of the new flour sack towels we picked up Friday)

For more information on the challenge see this link:
http://dirtydiaperlaundry.com/3rd-annual-flats-and-handwashing-challenge/

And as always…
Like this post? Well, make sure that you go and
vote for us on Top Mommy Blogs!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad someone is saying this! I have felt the same way: initial challenge I was very excited to handwash, and now I feel like it's just putting me in a bad mood. It hasn't helped that little guy got a cold (and diarrhea) on the second day of the challenge. But when you have a washer right downstairs, it takes a lot of will power not to just say "shoot, I'm taking a break." I will do the challenge again next year, but boy this year was tough on me! I have become very empathetic about what impoverished families are going through.

    ReplyDelete