Friday, September 14, 2012

Almost.

John and I spent the night not getting much sleep.

growth spurts - Life as Their Mom
(Mason napping this morning)
Yeah, there wasn’t a whole lot of that going on.

I almost wished that we had a handy little can of formula sitting around the kitchen. Almost. What would have been better would have been to actually have some milk in the freezer. I really need to get back to pumping…. but I digress.

This wasn’t Mason’s normal, “Hey! I’m awake and I want to talk all night!” awake. This was crying, wanting to be held as close as possible, and nursing all.night.long crying. I offered to take him into the living room so that John could sleep, but he said no, it was OK. I told him that he could go sleep in the living room then, and again, he said no. You just got to love a man willing to suffer through nights like that with you willingly.

We sort of took turns. I mean, there’s not too much John can take over and help with in this situation. (Thus the dreams of handy cans of formula.) However, he did take Mason for an hour at one point so I did get some sleep then. At about six when John got up to get the big boys up and ready for school I just plopped Mason in his pack-n-play, tuned out, and went to sleep for another hour and a half until Bella woke up. John swears Mason didn’t cry. I’m choosing to not question that and just believe him.

I got up this morning thinking, well, it’s almost been six months, maybe I should go ahead and start solids. Maybe I should take this as a sign that nursing isn’t enough anymore. But then one of my friends commented on my Facebook status and pointed out something I didn’t even consider. GROWTH SPURT. It is about time for another one. Plus teething. (Will my child’s toofies ever actually pop through his gums????)

Anyway this will pass. Eventually. Hopefully. It might seem like it won’t, but it should will.
It’s hard being optimistic on 2.5 hours of sleep.

Proof that it will pass…
growth spurts 2- Life as Their Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment