Thursday, February 20, 2014

In which we discover the little girl next door.

The little girl (and boy too) next door has been there for quite a while. Actually she has been there since about 7-8 months after Bella got here. The fact that Bella has really just noticed this is rather humorous to me.

neighbors - life as their mom

When we bought our house back in 2008 we had high hopes and dreams of having the sort of friendship and relationship that my parents have with their neighbors. Alas, that has not been the case at all. In the past 6 years we have spoken to the neighbors right next to us less than a handful of times, never to the people in the house behind us (or to the 2 families that lived there before them – it’s a rental), and very rarely to the people across the street. I don’t know any of their names. I don’t know anything about them. And we never have each other over for chats or dinners. As I am a rather social person, I kind of hate it, but not enough to try any harder than I have in the past to get to know them all.

So, I guess it isn’t too surprising that Bella just realized that there is a little girl next door who is almost the same age as her. (No really, my last prenatal check up with her the neighbors came in to the same doctor for their first prenatal check up.)

Bella really discovered the little girl yesterday and they spent quite a bit of time giggling and talking through the fence and throwing a ball back and forth over the fence to each other. It is the cutest of cuteness. Bella is now begging to go over and play with the little girl or to have the little girl over here to play. I keep trying to explain to her that we don’t know the little girl’s parents, so neither one is much of an option right now. She is still begging, only now she’s also begging me to please go over and introduce myself and tell the mom that Bella desperately wants to come over.

Oh and the little boy – well that was the reverse. I saw the neighbor in the doctor’s office for her last prenatal visit the same day I went in for my first visit with Mason.

No comments:

Post a Comment