Monday, February 10, 2014

Dear Person.

You and I, we have a problem. You frustrate me. You annoy me. You make me want to scream and cuss and wish horrible curses and illness on you. You make me this angry being who I normally am not.

dear person - life as their mom

Before this year I’ve always rocked this scene. Or well, I always did fairly well. However, this year we’ve had lots of changes and shifts in responsibilities and focuses, and I’ll admit, this area has taken a hit. I make sure most things get done; but sometimes some things slip by me, or I think John took care of it, or he thinks I did, and in the end neither of us did. I am by no means perfect and I know, deep down, that you aren’t the evil monster you currently are in my head. You do what you have to do and what you are told do. The fact that I don’t agree with some of it isn’t entirely your fault.

You’ve been doing this a long time, so one could assume that you know what you are doing and that you’re good at it. I like to take this stance with people of your persuasion before I get to know you. Generally, I like your type.

But you and I, something between us is broken, and I’d like it to get fixed before any more or permanent damage is done.

It’s not that I don’t think that you’re doing your job, or that you’re bad at it. I think that we’re coming from different directions and views, and somehow we are missing this middle ground that we need.

I don’t like being angry with you. I’m willing to bet that you don’t like that you are making me angry with you. I know if the roles were reversed I’d be in knots on the inside. I’d not be eating or sleeping. I’d be feeling like I was going to puke. I’d be cringing each time I got a new email or my phone rang. Knowing this, I’ve been holding myself off from contacting you while my anger is in full throttle.

But you and I, we’re going to settle this – with, I promise, no yelling or name calling or cursing you to horrible places with horrible diseases – and settle this soon. I just know that anger won’t help, and I know as much as I am angry, and as much as I feel you are partially in the wrong, I know you are also partially in the right.

You and I, I hope we are good soon. Really and truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment