Sunday, September 28, 2014

Four months away.


I've had breaks from the blog before - generally brought on by not having internet for a weeks or a month. However, I do believe, actually I know, that this is honestly the first time that I have ever been away from the blog for roughly four months.

It isn't like I woke up one morning and decided, "Hey, I don't want to blog. I have nothing to write about." No, it's more like I woke up one morning, days before the boys got out of school, and I no longer had internet (or cable, but I can honestly make due without that most of the time). It was supposed to be a short break, I was promised a week, maybe two. Somehow that week or two has turned into four months. FOUR MONTHS. I die a little each time I think about that. The problem is, for some reason, the company that we go through is expecting us to pay a bit over $500 to get it back on and even paying a little on it at a time (and a few big amounts) we still haven't been able to pay it all down to get it back on. And of course that isn't even the only big huge bulk thing we're paying on. We're also working on paying down the labor/delivery cost for our doctor, paying him for the regular visits, and all of the testing that for some reason our insurance is paying zero to zilch on. Lets just say that right now internet is not the priority.
(No matter how much I wish it was.)


BUT.
I have not spent this time wasting away. I do have several posts waiting on my computer at home to post. I've given up waiting on posting them until my internet comes back, so I'm slowly converting them to Word documents to move to my external hard drive to post from my mom's computer on the days that I'm at her house. Those posts cover a lot of the summer, and start of fall, and will be labeled with the image at the top of this post and the tag "stories from the days without internet."

I'll have posts about Mason meeting a local political candidate, SEVERAL knitting project posts (as I've completed like 5 or 6 projects since I have nothing better to do with my free time at home), changes in some of my views on motherhood, life without internet, the desolation that I have faced with the loss of my beloved camera, my thoughts on "cry it out," pregnancy updates, and well, a lot of other stuff as well. 

For now I will leave you, so I can get the first of those posts up and scheduled to go for Tuesday, but enjoy my most recent tummy shot - for my THIRTY week mark.


1 comment:

  1. yikes I feel for ya! Blogging helps me find enjoyment during the day!

    ReplyDelete