Friday, February 15, 2013

Hello me.

Why do I always feel silly if I think about blogging about myself? I mean the blog is called “Life as Their Mom” not “Life as Trish’s Kids.” Shouldn’t that mean that I blog more about myself and not just about the kidlets. Last summer I made a commitment to take/get more pictures of me, and I did do the videos, but I just stopped having time for that. I mean even when I blog with quite a few “I” and “me” it’s my thoughts on something a kidlet did.

hello me - life as their mom
(pictures courtesy of Bella as I was trying to read her a book last night)

I’m not even positive that I would know what to blog about on just me and my thoughts if wasn’t like my thoughts about the kidlets. It has just become who I am. I am Zach, Ryan, Bella, and Mason’s mom. Sometimes that also encompasses John’s wife. But 9 times out of 10 I just talk about myself in those terms. My life is full of love and activity and fun, but how boring am I that I can’t just blog or talk about me? I am more than just who my family is. Or well, I used to be.

I’m going to just use these questions from The Paper Mama’s 11 Things Post, but please, feel free to ask me any questions you have about me and I’ll answer them.

1. If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to?
Hmmm… I kinda like Trish, so I think if anything I’d get it legally changed to just Trish. Patricia is nice and all, but I don’t necessarily feel like a Patricia. Patricia just seems so mature and dignified. I’m neither of those things. At all.

2. Are you a collector of anything?
Junk count? No? Dang. I collect things dealing with Where the Wild Things Are, the book not the stupid movie. God, I hated that movie. Way to make an awesome childrens book depressing.

3. What is your first thought when you wake up?
Is Mason up yet? Did Mason wet/poop through his diaper? Do a quick check. Baby still sleeping, diaper still good – go back to sleep until Bella comes in to snuggle. After getting up and changing Mason my next priority is coffee.

4. Do you prefer sweet or salty foods?
Of the two – salty, but generally, I prefer hot and spicy foods. Like gumbo. Oh man do I love some gumbo. It makes me happy. And it makes my tummy happy.

5. Name one thing you miss about being a kid.
Sleep. Oh my word do I miss sleep. And I was one of those good kids too, I slept, I napped. I did not fight it because I loved it. I also miss Saturday mornings. Generally my older brother and I got up with our little brother first and we’d all go downstairs turn on shows and play. Then after a while my parents would get up and my mom would make us all a big breakfast and we’d listen to music.

6. Are you a morning or night person?
Afternoon. I hit my stride around 11 and it goes to about 4/5 pm. After that I tend to be worn out, tired, and ready to go to bed.

7. List 5 items on your life’s to-do list:
a. become a neat tidy person. b. not finish my college degree. c. write and illustrate a childrens book.  d. see anything I make in a magazine. e. have pink hair.

8. Share one thing that people may not know about you.
I’m 18 months younger than my older brother and 11 years older than my youngest sibling (step-brother).

9. What is your all time favorite song, movie, and book?
I hate this question. *sigh* I always wonder how on earth am I supposed to pick these sorts of things?! I mean they tend to change. As of right now: song – the Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong version of Dream a Little Dream of Me. moviePride and Prejudice the A&E version. book – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (surely I don’t need to link that one for any of you….) 

10. Do you have any hidden talents?
I can pop my belly button from an innie to an outie. It is apparently extremely gross.

11. Are you a really clean or super messy person?
Well… as one of my goals is to eventually be at least a somewhat neat and tidy person like my mother, it’s safe to say that I am a messy person. A very messy person. I thrive in mess, however my oldest son and husband do not.

Want to know anything else about me? Well, either comment here, email me, or post a question to me on Facebook or Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment